It’s no wonder that the Napa Valley Vineyards provide an art lover’s heaven. Between the galleries, installation art and art in various wineries, Napa is a banquet for the visual senses.
There are revolving art exhibitions at wineries, permanent and moving exhibitions, small galleries, open artist’s studios and art festivals. Put them together and you have the perfect wine country art experience.
Following are some art venues at Napa wineries, listed alphabetically, that we particularly like:
1) Artesa Vineyard, Napa: Features the contemporary artwork, both indoor and outdoor, of Gordon Huether, artist-in-residence.
2) Ceja Tasting Salon, Napa: Original works, available for sale, by local artists.
3) Clos Pegase Winery, Calistoga: Designed to convey that wine and art go together, this winery showcases Jan Shrem’s philosophy and his extensive art collection.
4) Domaine Chandon, Yountville: Watercolors, oils, photography and sculpture are integrated with the natural setting of the winery.
5) Hess Collection Winery, Napa: The art pieces in the personal collection of Donald Hess are often shown in museums around the world.
6) Ma(i)sonry Tasting Room, Yountville: An array of artistically designed furniture, sculptures, and paintings are well-paired for wine tasting.
7) Michael Mondavi Family Estate, Napa: Enjoy their unusual art exhibits and taste fine wines—a terrific experience.
8) Mumm Napa, Oakville/Rutherford: The James O’Shea Gallery showcases rotating exhibits that feature the work of renowned international and local photographers, including a private collection of one our favorites Ansel Adams.
9) Peju Province, Oakville/Rutherford: Fantastic garden sculptures with local artists profiled in every area.
10) Robert Mondavi Winery, Oakville/Rutherford: An extensive collection of sculptures, paintings and artifacts, as well as a terrific venue for traveling exhibits.
11) Rutherford Ranch, St. Helena: A relaxing and laid back ambiance for enjoying both fine wine and fine art.
12) St. Supery Winery, Oakville/Rutherford: Monthly art exhibits that highlight the wine country.
13) Sterling Vineyards, Calistoga: The architecture, a high form of art, is breathtaking. And, there is a gallery with a terrific collection of historic photos and prints.
So, enjoy the natural beauty of the Napa Valley Vineyards, and then dip inside a winery and fill your senses with a different sort of Napa Valley beauty!